Thursday, July 1, 2010

Hi There

I've decided to start another blog. One that my friends can read. I've kept the other secret as I have used it as way to vent. Now that I'm determined to be an adult I will blog in the open. No longer calling names or hiding behind my secret blog.
So, there it is, I'm now "out" in the blog world.
Today was hectic. Will had a neuro appointment at 9:30am. In our traffic that means we had to leave the house no later than 8:30 to make it on time. We drug our feet. I couldn't seem to get going. Finally, we made it to the medical center right at 9:30. Right up to the neuro floor of Texas Childrens. It was at that point that it dawned on me that I was in the wrong building. This appointment wasn't with the TCH neuro....no, it was with the University of Texas Neuro. Great. Phone call made in the elevator on the way to the garage to pay for the parking that I didn't need in the first place. $2 thank you very much for screwing up and giving us even more money!
Off to the right spot. University of Texas. Wouldn't you know it....a jam at the ticket booth on the way into the garage. Finally someone got out of a car in front of us and helped the poor lost soul who couldn't get the ticket button to work (no, it wasn't me!).  So, we were on our way.
I called Caitlin and got the correct suite number so I didn't mess it up again. It was now 10am. When you make these appointments months in advance it really hurts to miss one. I'm trying not to show the panic I'm feeling to Will. We got to the office and the lady at the front said the doctor had to decide whether or not to see us since we were so late. Otherwise known as the "make you sweat so you appreciate it more and are never late again" routine.
The doc did decide to see Will. Yippee!
I started asking my questions and he looked about as clueless as I did when I was at the wrong hospital. My questions centered around the chromosomal abnormality that was found in Will's recent genetic testing. He just looked at me. He asked me to call them and see about getting the results faxed to him. I tried and got nowhere.
Apparently he was not sent the results of the sleep study nor the genetics testing.
When I told him what the pediatrician had shared about the extra chromosomes he perked up. All of the sudden he wanted the numbers so he could make the calls. Funny how a little rare genetic thing can make their day.  We were not able to get the papers to them in time but he suggested based on what I remembered (which really is a BAD idea) that we get Will in to see an endocrinologist. He said he could play around with the hormones and maybe try to get Will feeling better.
I asked him about homeschooling Will as it seems my only option at this point. He suggested we request this special testing by the district (or on our own if the insurance will pay for it) to determine just how Will should be taught. I guess we get no summer at all this year. I'd so hoped this was the last visit until August. It just never works out like we hope.
On top of that, the Pillsbury news just crushed me. Okay, not crushed, but it was something hanging out there to be excited about and now it's gone.
Gotta go. Will just informed me that the hula hoop just bounced off the ground and is now on the roof. You'd be amazed at what an ordinary hula hoop can do all by itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment