Friday, July 2, 2010

New Day, New Trials

Thunder booming outside turned out to be the garbage men on their 60 mile per hour romp through our neighborhood. Luckily, I'd put the trash out last night. I'm beginning to "get" these guys. To them it's perfectly acceptable to not only zoom through the neighborhood, block the entire street, throw trash cans into the street if they don't think they can make it back to the yard but also to go backwards on some streets so they don't have to bother making a u-turn. Don't believe me? Check out Promenade on Trash pick up days! I've seen it during school zone hours!
More thunder. Guess it really is thunder now. No pool party today. Doesn't much matter because within 2 days our little pool has turned green. Yes, I went and purchased the chemicals but they're still sitting by the back door. Haven't quite made it out there yet to administer them. Guess I've been busy.
My backyard Libasis is coming along great. I call it that because I asked Libby at the start of summer what she most wanted. Her answer was for the backyard to look like an outdoor oasis. I started planting and sprucing right then. It is a bit difficult to work around the vehicle parked in the yard but that's a totally different issue. Anyway, the elephant ears, glads, hosta, grapes, airplane plants, caladeums and so much more a blooming and beautiful now. After I spent the afternoon mowing and weeding "sweetie, how do you like your little oasis?" Her answer - "What oasis?"

No comments:

Post a Comment